Tuesday, November 20, 2012

40 Weeks!!

We are officially at 40 weeks today and still no baby..boooo! I had made ZERO progress the last time we went to the doctor at 39 weeks and I was beginning to get extremely frustrated and grumpy! Yesterday, we had our 40 week visit in hopes of SOME progress! We ended up having an ultrasound to check to see if there was enough amniotic fluid for the baby and there was! We also got the news that Baby Boy has LOTS of hair! Then I had a stress test for about 30 minutes to monitor the baby's heartbeat and any contractions I was having. Everything was great with the exception that the machine kept alarming and scaring this {very} pregnant mama! And then it was time to meet with the doctor to see if I had dilated at all..and almost at 3 cm!!! I've never been so happy! Not only had I made progress but we were also able to schedule an induction date if our sweet, yet stubborn, little boy hasn't made his appearance with no assistance for NOVEMBER 27th! As hard as it is to have to wait, we were so excited to finally have something scheduled and set in stone! Now that I've made progress and such a huge jump from only 3 days, we have packed our bags, put the carseat in the car and now just waiting waiting and waiting! With Thanksgiving only 2 days away, everyone keeps asking "what if he comes on thanksgiving??" and my response{thanks to the way my dad raised me} is always "as long as he doesn't come on Saturday during the Carolina-Clemson game, we are good"! And after yesterday's appointment and the news of my process, both Alex and my dad have said he's coming on Saturday{HA!}! As long as the Gamecocks win, I guess it's fine! We are so ready to finally meet our sweet baby boy and ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers this next week for a safe and healthy delivery as we welcome our son!!

40 week belly pic..

No comments:

Post a Comment