Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our Big Day

After 10 months of waiting and planning, our wedding day was finally here!! I have never been so excited or ready for anything, like I was for our wedding. From the time I can remember, I have always wanted to get married, and believe it or not I wasn't nervous. That was until, I took two bites of food at my Bridal Luncheon and I couldn't take another bite. All of the sudden, it hit me, in less than 12 hours I was going to be a married woman. To start the day off, we headed to Rosso where my aunts hosted a Bridal Luncheon. It was great to sit and relax and enjoy time with my best girls! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the luncheon. Oops! After the luncheon, me and the bridesmaids headed to my parents house, where we got ready and hung out. When Alex and I got engaged and knew Watson would be our Ring Bearer, I begged Amy to let him wear a tuxedo{tails} just like the big boys were wearing. Although she wasn't a big fan of her 2 year old little man looking so big in the tux, she allowed it and he might have been the cutest little guy I have ever seen! 
Such a happy Camper! 

Aunt Kat getting our littlest Ring Bearer ready! 
Casey, Suzie, and Kristen

Champagne to calm the nerves!
It was time to head to the church, so we headed to the church in hopes of NOT crossing paths with Alex and his groomsmen. We got in the downstairs area to hang out before the ceremony. 
The Family before the ceremony



Love this!
With my sister-in-law and mother-in-law

Our photographer{Liz} wanted to get some pictures of me with the girls in front of the church before the ceremony. We headed over to the church and all of the sudden I see little penguins walking from a far, then I see my dad running in front of them, "What are ya'll doing? Alex is right here!!!" We rushed over to hide and let the boys walk in the church. Anywho, the time had come and it was 6:20 pm! The nerves started kicking in and I was pretty nervous. Most of you that know me, know I DO.NOT.LIKE.ATTENTION! When people would ask me if I was nervous about getting married, I'd always respond, "I am not nervous about marrying Alex, just nervous about everyone looking at me".  The doors closed and it was just me and my dad{and our wedding directors}. With their hands on the door handles, they kept saying "Okay, are you ready, are you ready?" as they kept backing up as if they were about to open the doors. Then through the cracks, I saw everyone stand up! The DOORS OPEN...I look at Alex, then I look at all three of my sisters, they were crying so I had to look away; then I saw my mom, she was crying so I had to look away; I looked at my mother-in-law, she was crying and then finally I looked back at Alex and didn't look anywhere else. To say the moment when the doors opened and I got down to Alex, was surreal, that is an understatement. Our wedding was everything I have dreamt of and more. It was a night we will both remember forever and it was perfect! 



First Dance-{Have I told You Lately}
Daddy/Daughter Dance-{My Little Girl} 
Giving my parents their surprise 30th Anniversary speech/song
One of my favorite pictures from the night
Whoa, that was a lot of typing so excuse me if you just want to see the pictures! Ha! Our wedding day was perfect, Alex and I were happy to have all of our family and friends celebrate such a happy time in our lives. I am still trying to remember alot of the day. Hopefully, I will have some of the professional pictures soon and I can post a couple of my favorites. 

{pictures by my sister! Thanks Kat!}

No comments:

Post a Comment