Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Dream come True- Duke vs. St. John's!

I have always been a BIG fan of Duke Basketball. Lucky for me, I married a man who loves Duke Basketball, just like I do. In fact, my mother-in-law got her Masters Degree from Duke! My Uncle Bob{grandfather's brother} came up to me at our Rehearsal Dinner and hugged me bye and said "When you and Alex get back, email me, I've got two tickets to a Duke basketball game for you"! WHATTTT!!! I was flippin' out and wasn't going to tell Alex and surprise him but I was TOO EXCITED! I told him. We were both ecstatic. We picked Duke vs. St. John's on Saturday January 28! The game was at noon, so we decided to drive up to Durham friday night and spend the night there. After four hours in the car, we were both starving. Mexican was on my mind! 

This Cellar was next door to the place we ate! Never too Far from Home! 
Delicious!

The next morning, we left the hotel around 9:45 am and started heading towards Duke! Alex actually lived in Durham for a short time and had been to Duke before but was too young to remember how to get there or anything about it. We drove towards Duke, and of course we drove around not knowing where in the world to park. After trying to mapquest parking for Duke games, we remembered we had NO CASH{Alex's fault! :)}. We made a quick{not really} detour to find an ATM and made it back to campus by 11:15, parked and headed to CAMERON INDOOR!!! AHHH!
CAMERON INDOOR!

We made it to our seats and took in the fact that we were actually in Cameron Indoor about to watch Duke play basketball. The place was going crazy. The Cameron Crazies{the students} were cheering and loud as could be! It was CRAZY!


     


 







We had a great time experiencing our first Duke Basketball game together! Hopefully, one day we will be back! Thanks Uncle Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment