Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Rehearsal/ Rehearsal Dinner


Most of our wedding party(if not all) probably thought I was the biggest Bridezilla ever when it came to the times I gave them to be at every place. Our Rehearsal was scheduled to start at 5:00 PM sharp on Thursday, not 5:05, not 5:15 but 5:00! The one thing I was worried about throughout these two days was people being late to anything and everything. To avoid anyone being late, I told everyone to be at the church at 4:50(about 2 months in advance). The time was then moved to 4:45 the closer we got to the actual day and finally I decided 4:40, paranoid was an understatement but Monsignor made it clear he likes to start on time! Lucky for me, everyone made it to the church by 5:00 and we got the party started, or just the Rehearsal. 

Me and Aunt Amanda
The Bridesmaids 
The Groomsmen
My Handsome Groom

The Wedding Party..our Wedding Director- Mrs. Rushman and her assistant- Rebecca did great!
Dad and Watson taking it all in
The sweetest thing...Our {not so happy} Ring Bearer and Our {surprisingly happy} Flower Girl

Everyone did great and we were out of the church by 6:10 ready to head to Carolina Park for the Rehearsal Dinner. I wish everyone could have seen the way Carolina Park looked when we got there at 8:00 that morning. It was nothing. Tables, with no chairs. No decorations. Pretty boring. When Alex and I arrived after the Rehearsal at 6:30, we were BLOWN away. The place looked completely different. It was beautiful. I wanted our Rehearsal Dinner to be elegant and some what dressy. With Alex's family being in another country, it was difficult for them to plan our Rehearsal dinner and we got the go ahead from them to let Amy plan away. I was worried about it and my sister knew that, and she took over. She transformed that place into a place that I can't even describe. It was amazing. These pictures do not do this place justice but just know when I say it was a completely different place, believe me. Ask anyone. 

Our Table with our Immediate Family




Guests arrived and we enjoyed our last night together before we became husband and wife. Some pictures from the night.
Mom and Grandmama Sheheen
Sisters
Mom with her 4 girls
Sam and David
such a typical picture of these two


Jo and Grandmama Watson
Family table
cutting the Grooms cake{ignore both of our faces, HA!}
The Kubas boys with the Canelli girls
And that right there was our night. It was the most perfect Rehearsal Dinner we could have asked for. We can't thank the people who made this happen enough. Thank you to my sister, Amy, who made every decoration and planned this evening, despite having three little ones at all times. We owe you big time and couldn't have asked for a better night. Thank you to my parents, who helped set everything up and got everything prepared. Thank you to my in-laws for helping set everything up and providing a Rehearsal dinner that neither Alex nor I, will ever forget. Thank you to Ritchie McQueeny and Jerry Oates, for cooking some AMAZING food, for providing tables and chairs and everything else you did to make this night happen. Thank you Kat, Joanna, John, Aaron, Carleen, Debbie, Lee, Doug, Julie, and anybody else that I might have forgotten about. We truly couldn't have had this dinner without the help of our family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment