Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gamecock Baseball- Opening Weekend!


I thank the good lord for giving me a husband who adores Gamecock sports just as much as I do! I grew up going to Gamecock sporting events since I can remember and in our family, we DON'T like orange or Clemson! Alex is an army brat and moved to Columbia in 2004 and quickly became a Gamecock. He is about as big of a Gamecock fan as my dad, almost. When we were picking a date for the wedding, we had to make sure that there was no possible way that Carolina would be playing in a bowl game on January 6th. I'm okay with Alex's obsession of the Gamecocks because after all, I was born and raised a Die hard Gamecock Fan! Anywho, back to Gamecock Baseball! Alex and I left work and headed to meet my parents at Carolina Stadium for Opening Day. Joanna and Joe ended up going as well and we all had a blast in the perch watching the Back to Back National Champs get a victory!


We Hail Thee Carolina!

Dad caught a foul ball for Watson and got Freshman catcher Grayson Greiner to sign it! 




Getting former Gamecocks Bobby Haney and Adrian Morales to sign a book Bobby wrote. 


Beautiful site! End of Game 1!


Dad wanted to take Watson to the game saturday since Mom wasnt going to go because of work. We picked Watson up and Dad, Watson, Alex and I headed to Carolina Stadium for Game 2! Due to inclement weather on Sunday, they moved the third game to Saturday and there was a double header! I don't know who enjoyed the day more, my dad or Watson. Dad has been waiting to take his grandson to Carolina Baseball for a long time and he just loved having Watson there and seeing Watson's excitement when "he throwed the ball" and then Watson laughing.

{WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD}  
Ready for Gamecock Baseball!


He was in awe! 




Lunch Break! 


That face cracks me up!
New Baseball Hat that Granddaddy bought!

Such a handsome little guy! He is ready to go now!

Checking out the Back to Back National Championship Trophies!

He thought it was funny that the guys inside Coach Tanner's office were facing him, too cute!

CHEESEEE!!!

Love these two!

  
Dad was trying to steal Watson's ice cream and Watson wasn't having it! 

Cocky came to visit! He was a little nervous but didn't cry! He did great and even pounded it with Cocky! 

 Granddaddy and Watson watching Cocky!
 And he made it through two Gamecock Baseball games without a nap and didn't go to bed until 10:30 that night! What a trooper! 
All the goodies from the day! Watson and Boland's foul balls signed by Carolina Baseball players! {Watson got his hat signed by Whit Merrifield, Parker Bangs & Peter Mooney}

Side Note: A year ago today is when Alex proposed to me. Alex had been at the Carolina baseball game with my dad all day before we headed to D's and then he proposed so we thought it was only right to head to D's for dinner just the two of us after the long day at the ball field!

 


Opening Weekend was perfect! The Gamecocks are 3-0!! Nothing better than Gamecock Baseball with my husband! We can't wait to go back! GO COCKS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment