Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our {First} Married Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I love being sappy and Valentine's day is just an excuse to be just that! Although, I usually get made fun of by my family{dad} for being affectionate on the social network, I love being that way. Our first Valentine's day as husband and wife was perfect! I wasn't expecting much because after all this was our 5th Valentine's together. I am all about the little things in life and that is what I love the most. I love knowing that Alex thought something out and took the time to do something knowing that it would make me smile. For instance, Alex knows the first place I go in the morning is the refrigerator to get my lunch and breakfast, so he decided to place my Valentine's card that read "To My Beautiful Wife" in the handles of the fridge, which was very surprising. To many, that isn't a big deal at all, but when I saw that, all I could do was smile. 


As I got ready to leave for work, I thanked him and we said our Goodbyes and I left for work. As I got to work, I texted him saying how it made me smile that little things like that, makes me happy and he just kept saying "The day is still young". As we were texting throughout the morning, he told me to keep my phone near. Around noon, Alex texts me to go downstairs to the front of my building because there was something for me. I knew he was up to something and walked downstairs to the front and found a bouquet of roses waiting for me from my sweet husband. {Side note: I walked out of my way on the way back up to my desk just so that I could avoid as many people staring at me with the flowers because I knew my face would turn bright red HA!} 

I love my flowers! It made the day even better but like I told Alex, even if he didn't send me flowers, the card in between the handles of the fridge made my day enough. Something about Alex putting that much thought into putting my card in a creative place that made my day! Anywho, I texted him and told him thank you for the flowers and his response again, "The day is still young"! I left work and stopped by a few places to get the rest of Alex's Valentine's day stuff and he text me saying "Are you home yet?". hmmmm! Nope, but why would he be asking that? I got home only to see ANOTHER card on top of the first one that I opened earlier that read Elizabeth Boland KUBAS, and yes Kubas was in all CAPS. I contemplating whether or not I should text him and let him know that I no longer go by Boland and that my name is now Elizabeth Watson Kubas. Haha, poor thing knew he wrote it wrong as soon as he wrote it. 

Alex called me after he got off work and told me to go upstairs and not come down until he said I could. Make a long story short, he was planning on making me dinner and was going to surprise me but instead, we decided to make dinner together for our first Valentine's together as husband and wife. I love cooking but when I can cook with my husband, it's even better. Before we started cooking I let him open his gifts from me..
Floating Cooler!

A Husband's Bouquet! Perfect!

Alex and I enjoyed cooking dinner together in our pjs and had the perfect first Valentine's day as a married couple. We wouldn't trade what we have for anything and we don't need any fancy jewelry or dinners to show each other how much we love each other. 

Happy Valentine's Day to my handsome husband! I love you!


1 comment:

  1. So, I totally forgot that you had started a blog! Oops! Just went back and read all of it, and you're doing so good documenting everything! Thanks for the shout-out from the rehearsal dinner, but I couldn't have been happier to do it for the two of you... I love you!
    PS- don't get used to awesome Valentine surprises...they tend to disappear a little each year you're married. :)

    ReplyDelete